Sometimes I wonder if it's good for my ego talking to Simon. Sometimes I
flattering that makes me a shyness even something funny.
Maybe it's because it is precisely he tells me. if another person would take it more as an opinion, obviously I would be flattered anyway, but the fact that Simon is one of the people whose opinions (in any field ) I always take into account, makes me feel especially well. Despite
than I can pretend: a self-confident person, not swayed by opinions of others. I have doubts enough. And it seems to me that is the result of excessively harsh self-criticism, or at least more than most.
Today I realized that some of my insecurities also due to the opinion of my stepfather, whom I consider my father figure and a kind of teacher. He, on many occasions said that studying medicine is out of my reach, I adhere to reality, and I believe him, I get frustrated and decompose but I believe him, and his view unfortunately happens to be a voice that tells me
reality
But after that comes to my people say that medicine is for normal people, not gifted, I well I can go study and finish the race, says my mother, whose opinion may not get in the same bag that my stepfather for being exactly what it is, my mother, and I can not bet on an opinion objective of his hand, and I can not blame it
And then there's Simon, the pessimistic view to put to my face looked at me "you're talking about?" and I drop a folding bit string arguments, and suddenly that I am responsible becomes important, which has averaged 6.8 in 7.0 in chemistry biologĂay becomes a test of my ability, and I compare with my colleagues and I stressed I put on top alluding that I have an intelligence superior to most of them, named my merits, and details that show greater mental agility that the rest, mentioned my maturity and correct decision-making, and I said - "you have to study medicine, and you want to do, they meant to be a psychiatrist" - and I listened with joy on the inside: you I believe, convince me, and a feeling of gratitude overwhelms me every time does make me trust myself enough to think "my stepfather is wrong" enough to believe in myself.
Lends itself to misinterpretation, but Simon does not interest me in any way romantic, attractive, intelligent, value their opinion, and I like the way you argue and act is, in fact, everything I look for in a partner. But I love him that way, is my friend, companion discussions with rhetorical end, my comrade on issues important to anyone of course.
From the beginning I knew that Simon is not for me, and rather than seeing it as a romantic ideal, I see him as a brother whom I respect and equally.
And it's funny, but at times makes you think I've said the same about me, which of course does not cease to flatter. I know I will never finish involved in an affair with Simon, for some reason this fact seems obvious to me logical, but it remains true that I hope that my partner has the same characteristics he has. And I hope the school does not mean end of a term for communication between us.
0 comments:
Post a Comment